Monday, April 28, 2014

Health update....

ok, so I got my test results back last Friday, and I've been working on this post since then....
long story short:
I'm ok-
or rather, I'll be ok if I do what the Dr says I need to do ".
 
.....the whole story is thus:
My blood tests showed that, while I have insulin intolerance (basically pre-diabetes, but a little more complicated) and my cholesterol/hormone levels are off, I am generally healthy-yay me!
So the great news is there's no signs of cancer, auto immune disease/MS, or any of the other things my tests showed a few years back.
The other great news: my 3rd MRI looked the same as the other two from 2010&2011-which means definitely NO MS and that, although  my brain does have damage/gliosis, it's not degenerative and therefore my symptoms will not worsen. 
Basically, I still have to deal with the vertigo, tinnitus, and migraines from the brain damage-BUT, all my homeopathy and organic living has already shown HUGE improvement in all of that. Which means, if I can get my life in order, I can cut down on the symptoms even more with exercise and continued nutrition changes.
 
Whew...that's a lot lol
 
ok, now for the kinda bad news:
 
Monica had worse test results then I did, and she needs a major major overhaul of her nutrition and exercise.
The Dr said that if she was my age and had the results she did she'd be sending her to a bunch of specialists....ugh
Unfortunately, she also inheritated a bad gene from me and one from her father-so she has two bad genes that require a special kind of Folic acid at a very high level (5k mg/day) for the rest of her life.....otherwise she could have a baby with the same issues as her big brother did (my first son, Anthony died nearly 21 years ago from Anencephaly) and she also needs the high does for her mood/hormones to level off.
Bad genes suck.....
 
She and I need to start exercising daily for an hour, we have a lot of supplements we have to take daily, and we are not supposed to have sugar....ever...at all.....or fruit.....just salad, lots and lots of salad and veggies.....and water.....and protein.....no bread...no cake....lots of lettuce and cucumbers.......
yah, that kinda bites.
We really like our Dr though, she's homeopathic too, and I know we can do this!
Pray for us
Wish us luck
Cross your fingers
Hold your thumbs....
I'll post an update in a few months and maybe after pictures too ;) 
~Fawn

Quien and Daddy...

Quien and Daddy...
practicing how to throw the ball as a lefty 5/08

Jeff and Monica

Jeff and Monica
for her 13th B-day at Benihana's!

KmtQe

KmtQe
Christmas 2008

My baby boys....

My baby boys....
They're not babies anymore! Wow, they look so tiny in this photo!!

Quien's baptism!

Quien's baptism!
A great day for him, a true blessing to have all the grandparents there!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!
A fabulous occasion!!

Katie and Corrin

Katie and Corrin
what are we gonna do with these two beauties? 9/08

Seattle trip

Seattle trip
The boys loved these telescopes...ran from one to the next. What a great trip that was! 10/08

Mr. Cool

Mr. Cool
Elliot, Fall 2007

Mr. Toothless

Mr. Toothless
my sweet Quien all dressed up for his first primary program,11/07

my silly "twins"

my silly "twins"
they called those jammies their "spongebob swede pants" LOL 7/08

On our way to Medford 6/10

On our way to Medford 6/10
Gonna go see PJ and all the Johsons!

brothers....

brothers....
Elliot and Quien Spring 2009

Proud Dad!

Proud Dad!
Jeff and Jeremy fall 2009

Kmt

Kmt

Daddy's boy

Daddy's boy
Jeff and Elliot watching our cat, Switchfoot, just outside our door in Aloha on Thanksgiving day 2007-we just got back from watching Jeff and the guys at the Quatama ward play the annual "Turkey bowl"

Jeff and his clone....

Jeff and his clone....
my two silly guys*7/08

a boy and his cat

a boy and his cat
silly boy, poor cat ")

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party
Christmas 2009

brothers....

brothers....
7/05