Sunday, December 30, 2012

Early New Year's Resolution 2013!!

Well.....all the sweets I ate the last two weeks from Christmas treats, goodie plates from everyone, snowball cookies Mom makes (that I'm just slightly addicted to)& yummy candy canes, gingerbread cookies, caramels from Jeff's coworker, peppermint hot cocoas as payment for diving Kiki & other munchkins around...etc
That's all caught up to me-with a vengeance "(
So.....my early New Year 2013 resolution is starting today:
Accepting that I'm prediabetic,

realizing I don't wanna become diabetic,
have even more health issues then I already have,
& committing to a 3 step healthy lifestyle:

 1-whole organic foods ONLY
This has been difficult given my family life-however, we were all doing pretty well-before the Holidays ".

So, back to it, with a renewed commitment!

2-EXERCISE! Ya, not an easy one here. I've made time-for nearly a year now-to go play Volleyball for 2 hours every Tuesday at church, and have had Jeff join me for about 2 months now-SO fun!!!
But-once a week isn't enough to continue to help me be active
So, gonna join Conestoga Park & Rec this month-then we can go swimming, lift weights, take yoga classes,& play Volleyball on Wednesday nights after Scouts/YW......& I'm gonna drag Jeff & the kids with me ;}


 3-Rest/Relax/Rejuvenate
This one I don't do enough-although people probably think I do since I end up in bed for days at a time with migraines, vertigo, tinnitus.....that's not the same.

 Laying in bed while my brain spins, get squeezed/stabbed/punched,& I get to hear that high pitched tone for hours is NOT relaxing/restful or rejuvenating!
But a yoga class is
As is a self done mani/pedi in my room with door locked & music on ;p


 So, to rejuvenate, I will be doing a weekly cleanse, home spa facial,& the above mani/pedi
All of this is going to require self control on my part-to not give up, not give in to pressure from my family to do what they want rather then take a little time to care for ME, & it's gonna take commitment from those who love and care for me to

 a-back off
b-be supportive
c-not whine:at the door while I'm relaxing, or calling 20x for something that can wait/or because kids are bickering- while I'm in yoga class, VB, or the gym
&d-do.not.complain.about.what.I.feed.you!!
And yes, that means if we have salad every night for a week, or that we no longer have cow's milk in the fridge, or sweets-NO whining!
It also means my dear Mother needs to not bring over sweets-not even chocolate-for me or the kids. They can get spoiled when they come to your house-but do NoT bring it here-
PLEASE!
I love my family, which is why I'm doing all this! I want to be alive and HEALTHY in 20 years+
I want to be an active Nanna to my grandbabies some day, I want to be healthy enough to go on missions with my sweet eternal companion, & I want to save all the money that it would cost us for surgeries, medications, Dr/hospital visits from diabetes & the other health issues I have/would develop if I don't do all this
I am excited (& nervous) to do this, but I know it's what is
right & needed!
Wish us luck& pray for success!
:)
Happy New Year 2013 everyone!!





Quien and Daddy...

Quien and Daddy...
practicing how to throw the ball as a lefty 5/08

Jeff and Monica

Jeff and Monica
for her 13th B-day at Benihana's!

KmtQe

KmtQe
Christmas 2008

My baby boys....

My baby boys....
They're not babies anymore! Wow, they look so tiny in this photo!!

Quien's baptism!

Quien's baptism!
A great day for him, a true blessing to have all the grandparents there!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!
A fabulous occasion!!

Katie and Corrin

Katie and Corrin
what are we gonna do with these two beauties? 9/08

Seattle trip

Seattle trip
The boys loved these telescopes...ran from one to the next. What a great trip that was! 10/08

Mr. Cool

Mr. Cool
Elliot, Fall 2007

Mr. Toothless

Mr. Toothless
my sweet Quien all dressed up for his first primary program,11/07

my silly "twins"

my silly "twins"
they called those jammies their "spongebob swede pants" LOL 7/08

On our way to Medford 6/10

On our way to Medford 6/10
Gonna go see PJ and all the Johsons!

brothers....

brothers....
Elliot and Quien Spring 2009

Proud Dad!

Proud Dad!
Jeff and Jeremy fall 2009

Kmt

Kmt

Daddy's boy

Daddy's boy
Jeff and Elliot watching our cat, Switchfoot, just outside our door in Aloha on Thanksgiving day 2007-we just got back from watching Jeff and the guys at the Quatama ward play the annual "Turkey bowl"

Jeff and his clone....

Jeff and his clone....
my two silly guys*7/08

a boy and his cat

a boy and his cat
silly boy, poor cat ")

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party
Christmas 2009

brothers....

brothers....
7/05