So, with that positive attitude Jeff and I are continuing forward with our trek towards eternity as a family with our children and eachother.
We've not heard anything about our paperwork as of yet, and with some other set backs (Jeff was laid off due to lack of work at his day job as a pest control tech) so we are 'paused' for the sealing plans.
Rather then stop them altogether we're just greatly delaying them. This, at first, made us very sad. But, then we decided to try and cheer eachother up-which we've become very good at over the years.(We have had a lot of practice with everything the last 5 years has put us through)
Jeff and I came to the conclusion this is actually a blessing. Rather then rushing through and just throwing together a sealing real quick and having 'whomever' can get here for a little BBQ type reception, well, now we'll be able to get sealed on our 6th Anniversary and have LOTS of time to prepare a really nice reception, I can pick out a pretty dress that I'll look nice in by then, our out of town family will have plenty of time to prepare to travel here-it's gonna be GREAT!After all, I never did get to do what I wanted to do with the first two wedding I had-now I get to!!!! Jeff has given me control over the whole thing! I'm SO excited!!! teehee!!
We'll be keeping ya up to date, promise! ;)
I'll make sure the blog is kept more recent.
On a side note-
Jeff and I both saw our Dr's for what seems to have become our every-couple-years-Dr-visit-while-we-have-insurance, and what we found out was that we're both in OK health other then high cholesterol, REALLY high. So we're both on meds for it and have been put on strict diet and exercise as well. But, NO diabetes for me so that's great!!!
Summer is here and we're loving the weather now...couple days of sun and heat, then stormy cool nights that keep my flowers blooming. I've been so busy and Jeff's been gone so much this month so far that we still don't have the veggies in the ground so not sure if we'll end up with pumpkins this year. However, the tomatoes and peppers and strawberries seem to be doing well in the TopsiTurvies I got for Mother's day so we'll see.
I've been getting the house together for the arrival of Amanda and Amie on Thursday, and so we got the boys' room finished today, and I fnally got the dining room decorated all the way today (after living here a year, and the dining room being in another room in the house lol.)
I almost have our master bedroom done-just have to finish the ceiling.
Our landlord dropped off the color for the outside of the house this week, so now when Jeff gets home he and Jeremy will be getting the back of the house ready for the painting.
We're using this house as our "guinea pig" of home ownership.The picture is of the new fence that Jeff is putting up, it's just in the front. It's really pretty to me.Makes the whole front of the house look nice, very upper class to me. The blue grey that we're painting the house will make this look nice. Kinda seeing all the things we'll need to know how to do when we do eventually buy a place. Just this last week Jeff had to figure out how to fix my kitchen sink after one of the kids got a metal spoon down my garbage disposal and it was all the way into the trap and he had the whole thing torn apart. Yeah, I was without a kitchen sink for a week with 5 kids in the house while Jeff was in WA for 3 days. He came home in between training camps to spend 8 hours with us and also to figure it out just so the kids and I didn't have to wash our dishes out in the bathroom sink anymore.
Well, I've let my "quick" blog go too long already, so I'll close with the fact that I now have a "baby" that is a first grader and it makes me want to cry, but I'm proud of all 9 of our kids!!Hugs to all, look for my blog later about our trip to Medford and then about the 4th of July with 8 of the 9 kids!
Jeff and Fawn Hoagland

