So, we made it through Turkey day....and now we're trying to find all the Christmas decs to put up.
I'm not really in the mood though.
It's never really any fun for me-the Christmas thing.
Mainly because Christmas in this country is all about the things you get. Who gets more then the other. Who's bought the coolest thing.
And, well, I've always been financially challenged-so keeping up with everyone else is just not an option even if I wanted to do it.
Then there's the complaints from one set of grandparents that the other got more time, or that one set of kids aren't seen enough.
And the older kids complaining that they didn't get as many presents as this kid or that.
I just get sad because I don't get to do Christmas my way.
It would be volunteer work at a soup kitchen or adult foster home or somewhere else that needs help.
It would be singing door to door with my ward family from Church.
My family and I would read about the reason for Christmas-Jesus' birth-for the 12 days of Christmas.
Jeff and I plan on buying a real live tree that is still planted and put it right on our front door area, with our decorations on it-tinsel and all.
We're gonna plant the tree after Christmas.
If we had one wish for a present right now it would be the money to drive over to Utah the 26-29th so we could see Jeff's three kids and some of my Johnson family.
Family is my favorite part of Christmas.
Seeing so much of the Johnson family these last two days for Mormor's funeral made me realize again how much I miss being a Johnson girl-and how much I wish the boys and I could see them all much much more often.
I am grateful for my husband and our children and our big huge mixed family.
I still can't find the camera-but hopefully the unpacking tomorrow will be productive in that respect.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Turkey days!
hugs
Fawn
Monday, December 1, 2008
Quien and Daddy...
practicing how to throw the ball as a lefty 5/08
Jeff and Monica
for her 13th B-day at Benihana's!
KmtQe
Christmas 2008
My baby boys....
They're not babies anymore! Wow, they look so tiny in this photo!!
Quien's baptism!
A great day for him, a true blessing to have all the grandparents there!
Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!
A fabulous occasion!!
Katie and Corrin
what are we gonna do with these two beauties? 9/08
Seattle trip
The boys loved these telescopes...ran from one to the next. What a great trip that was! 10/08
Mr. Cool
Elliot, Fall 2007
Mr. Toothless
my sweet Quien all dressed up for his first primary program,11/07
my silly "twins"
they called those jammies their "spongebob swede pants" LOL 7/08
On our way to Medford 6/10
Gonna go see PJ and all the Johsons!
brothers....
Elliot and Quien Spring 2009
Proud Dad!
Jeff and Jeremy fall 2009
Kmt
Daddy's boy
Jeff and Elliot watching our cat, Switchfoot, just outside our door in Aloha on Thanksgiving day 2007-we just got back from watching Jeff and the guys at the Quatama ward play the annual "Turkey bowl"
Jeff and his clone....
my two silly guys*7/08
a boy and his cat
silly boy, poor cat ")
Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party
Christmas 2009
brothers....
7/05