Thursday, February 7, 2008

my crazy wonderful life...

ok, so here's how my week has been so far...
let's see...Saturday we went to the mall with the 5 kids and my mom to get Q and Elly their birthday BuildABears, we had lunch in the food court while a lot of people stared at us with our throng of children.....you should see the looks we get when we have all 9! lol
We shopped and shopped-Jeff got me my new wedding ring, pink sapphire heart shaped with bagette white sapphires on either side, it's GORGEOUS!
But he went a little overboard and also got me 2 beautiful pearl necklaces and matching earrings-he said I needed something nice for the Temple when we go.
And then he bought a matching necklace/earring set that match my new wedding ring...
yeah, so I think he's making up for the fact that he hasn't bought me anything nice for the last two years for any special occasion like Mother's day or our anniversary or Valentine's day.
It's all good-I'm fine with being spoiled for once!! lol
And I feel very blessed to have a husband that will work 3 jobs so that he can provide for us-and spoil me once in a while too.
Anywho, after that we went home and vegged out-Katie was sick and the rest of the kids just wanted to watch movies and play.
Sunday we got up early to my "neice' Leena barfing all over Jeff and I-Krystal had dropped her and Landon off Saturday night late for us to watch so she and Phil could have a night off.
So, after cleaning up I got Kmt up and ready for their Dad to pick up. My jerk-I mean ex- was over an hour late and the kids we so hungry by then-he told me not to feed them cause he was taking them out. Whatever.
He works evenings now and so Kmt hardly see him during the week, they're always at his mother's place after school.
Yeah , so remind me again why he has residential custody? Oh yeah-he's a narcisitic LIAR.
But, I digress.
So after they left I got Leean dressed in the clothes I had washed-her mom didn't leave me much in the way of clothing, I was bummed not to have a cute dress to put her in. As it was I had to dress Leena in Quien's BuildABear boy outfit while her clothing washed. LOL She looked so cute.
Landon has to wear suspenders to keep his pants up so I put a little sweater vest on him-he and the boys looked so GQ.
At church Jeff and I played hot potato with the baby and Landon, Quien and Elliot of course crawling all over us as well,and driving Jeremy crazy because-for some reason-he was in a bad mood that day.
I went up with Leena and said my testimony and told our ward that Jeff and I are going to be sealed and the boys too, if we can get the adoption done in time.
I love having the baby with me, she makes it so that people at church actually talk to me. And it helps me not be so shy. It's the only time I really think about having another baby-or adopting or something maybe-someday.
After our meeting with the Bishop to discuss plans for the sealing and Jeff's Temple divorce we rushed home to watch the end of the superbowl-WOW-what a blast that was! Sooo happy the Giants won, we love the Manning brothers.
Finally figured out what was buggin Jeremy-after of course Jeff had to talk to him about his attitude towards Quien and Elliot. Guess Jeremy is happy/sad that he moved out of the big room with Tyler and back into the smaller office by himself. He likes having his own space-albeit smaller-but he didn't like having to go through all his stuff and prepack it for his move to Utah this summer.
But he agreed with me that it 's simplar and less emotions then having to do it in June with his graduation and move and his mom and sisters here and all.
Guess he's also nervous about getting the money together to fix the GMC Jimmy he bought in time to have his license in March.
Ah yes, the life of a 17 year old boy.
Guess I'm glad it revolves around his rig rather then girls, lol
So, then monday I had my friend Bridgette's 6 yo boy and 3 yo girl over while she got ready for the birth of her twins the next day. She has a healthy 6 lb 18 in little boy Eric. Sadly, the second baby didn't make it, little Elliott will be in heaven waiting for them.
It's hard for me-she's one of my sisters I Visit Teach, so I'm closer to her and her kids then I was to the other sister in the ward who lost her little girl a year ago to the same thing I lost my sweet Anthony to almost 15 years ago. It all makes me so very very grateful for the gospel in my life.
So anywho-little Daphne and I painted her nails and toes, put makeup on and sparkles while the 4 boys played lightsaber wars...lol.
She really made me want a little girl again.
She was playing with a toy plastic horse and then one of the boys grabbed it and stuck it's back leg in a hole on the baby sit-in toy I have.
When she tried to grab it back-the leg broke off into the hole.
So she comes to me saying "sister Hoagland, will you fix this?"
ok, so imagine me sitting on the kitchen floor, with two chopsticks trying to grasp this 1/2 inch long horse leg through a nickel sized hole.
Yeah, funny now....wasn't the HOUR it took me to get it out.
And no, turning the toy over wouldn't make it fall out-already tried several times (hubby thought it was funny to watch my frustration-grr)
So I finally got a peice of gum, chewed it up, stuck it to the end of the chopstick and tried that way.
Well, besides now having gum stuck in the hole I haven't accompished much.
Sure, laugh now.
So then I thought, well, maybe my tweezers?'
Got those-not long enough though.
So I try to coordinate sticking the leg to the gum, the gum back onto the chopstick and then bringing it close enough to the opening to grasp it with the tweezers.
All while sitting on my kitchen floor as my husband laughs at me and the kids watch with curiosity.
ok, so I got the dumb thing out.
Of course, I have no super glue to actually fix the horse, but I can't just throw it away now.
Tuesday was my usual havoc of driving the boys to school by 8 am, then coming home to catch up on housework until Q and Elly wake up, feed them, get them dressed and Q ready for school by 11am. Elliot and I spend some time together just the two of us-watching TV and washing dishes are his favorite.
Jeff's up by noon trying to wake up while I give him his list of hunny-do chores before he's off to refferee and leave me to my usual crazy days.
Wednesday was really "fun".
Daycare kid here by 7am, feeding the kids and all. Had to get Jeff up to go to Vancouver by 9 am to pick up his reffing paycheck then go deposit all our cash and paychecks in the bank in time for rent to be paid. Landlord gets here at 10:30am to check out our closet-it's finally dry after the water hearter leak had been fixed two weeks ago. So he makes appointment with carpet guy to come fix it up for us. He leaves with rent check in hand-plus $25 extra for our payment towards the kids' bathroom having to have new flooring put in-they'd made it be Noah's ark for a year and it ruined the floor down to the subflooring.
oops
Jeff-my zombie husband-gets home in a daze and colapses on the bed.
12pm Leena and Landon get here again-Jeff talks to Krystal,a marine, about Jeremy meeting with a recruiter for the Air force.
Jeff and Leena go lay back down with a bottle.
Not 10 minutes later the Cable guy shows up to hook up Jeff's DVR I got him for Valentine's day-hey, I gotta spoil him too, right?
So that gets all hooked up and I've got 4 roudy boys playing V-Smile games in the living room-and the carpet guy shows up.
Poor Leena and Jeff never got a nap.
So the guy gets the closet all fixed up and cleaned-then he asks me if I want him to do the rest of the house-for $40!
Heck yeah!
So, we spend the next 4 hours moving furniture-and kids-around so this guy can steam clean the master bedroom, hall, playroom (which is finally a playroom again now that Jeremy's in the office and I moved Q and Elly into the big room with Tyler) Jeremy's room/office and Living room.
My carpets look AWSOME!
And then I spent the rest of the night-by myself since Jeff was off reffing 3 games and Jeremy had mutual/game night-putting everything back where it belongs.
Oh, and making spagetti for dinner, getting Leena to sleep finally and sending my daycare kid home.
L & L leave around 7ish after dinner, and the boys and I spend until 9ish when Jeff and Jeremy get home decorating their "new room" as they say.
Posters on walls, pictures of family by the bed, dressers into closet.
The playroom is almost done, they love all the room they have now-especially since "their" stuff is all in their room so they don't have to worry about the daycare kids getting into them and ruining it.
And that they can play like monkeys on eachothers beds since they're right next to eachother.
So I'm sitting here trying to wake up and remind myself that, while my life may be hectic,it's wonderful and happy and fun.
But it's 6:30am and I'm tired.
I want to exercise-but I'm still sore from all the moving yesterday and my eyes hurt and I just want to go crawl back into bed and cuddle with my hubby I hardly ever see now.
But I can't-my daycare kid is here now and I have to feed him and get Jeremy up and get them to school
My life is great-I just wish I had more time for........ a bath.....or trip to the coast....or reading scripture.....or doing my crafts....watching Stargate....
Ah well.....there' always time when the kids are raised and I'm bored-right?
9 kids, um, I think I'm gonna be too busy with grandkids! LOL
Well, that's the latest with us!
Hugs
Fawn
(ps-if you see that the time is actually 10am on this posting-it's because I had to come back and edit all my mistakes with spelling and grammer and such. Hey, I originally wrote this at 6:30am, what do you expect? LOL)

Quien and Daddy...

Quien and Daddy...
practicing how to throw the ball as a lefty 5/08

Jeff and Monica

Jeff and Monica
for her 13th B-day at Benihana's!

KmtQe

KmtQe
Christmas 2008

My baby boys....

My baby boys....
They're not babies anymore! Wow, they look so tiny in this photo!!

Quien's baptism!

Quien's baptism!
A great day for him, a true blessing to have all the grandparents there!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!
A fabulous occasion!!

Katie and Corrin

Katie and Corrin
what are we gonna do with these two beauties? 9/08

Seattle trip

Seattle trip
The boys loved these telescopes...ran from one to the next. What a great trip that was! 10/08

Mr. Cool

Mr. Cool
Elliot, Fall 2007

Mr. Toothless

Mr. Toothless
my sweet Quien all dressed up for his first primary program,11/07

my silly "twins"

my silly "twins"
they called those jammies their "spongebob swede pants" LOL 7/08

On our way to Medford 6/10

On our way to Medford 6/10
Gonna go see PJ and all the Johsons!

brothers....

brothers....
Elliot and Quien Spring 2009

Proud Dad!

Proud Dad!
Jeff and Jeremy fall 2009

Kmt

Kmt

Daddy's boy

Daddy's boy
Jeff and Elliot watching our cat, Switchfoot, just outside our door in Aloha on Thanksgiving day 2007-we just got back from watching Jeff and the guys at the Quatama ward play the annual "Turkey bowl"

Jeff and his clone....

Jeff and his clone....
my two silly guys*7/08

a boy and his cat

a boy and his cat
silly boy, poor cat ")

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party
Christmas 2009

brothers....

brothers....
7/05