So I haven't written on my blog in a year nearly...wow. Guess FB took over for awhile. It's easier for me to FB then blog-because I can control it more and such. So then I thought about it for awhile and decided that the blog would be a good place to share pictures and post life events.
So there's Katelyn, our beautiful 20 year old. Yes, she's playing with dinosaurs....Jeff and I at the coast Boxing day 2013.
So there's Katelyn, our beautiful 20 year old. Yes, she's playing with dinosaurs....Jeff and I at the coast Boxing day 2013.
Quien and Elliot with their cousins in UT.....our summer trip 2014
Elliot and I at the beach.....love it there!
Taekwondo has taken over our lives!!! In a good way-Quien and Elliot LOVE it! I have to say I am SO happy with it...gives the boys so much in life.
A lot has happened in the last year, but since so much of it is not positive I'll just share a few happy points. I don't like how things are going with several of our kids, but a bright spot is Jeremy getting ready for his mission-he'll be 25 soon and on March 26th gets his endowment. Quien is now 5'10" and is taller then all of us in the house. Elliot is a brick-so watch out! I'm doing daycare for 6 kids now, and it's hectic and a hassle at times-but I'm glad I get to help these Moms, plus I really like the kids a lot. Tyler is on his way to graduating next year.....purple/pink hair and all. Monica is making plans for college, but still needs to get her GED. Katelyn is dating a very nice young man, an opera singer/theatre major, right up her alley. We don't get to have any contact with PJ still....except Ty when he plays video games with him. Amanda and Amie were here for Christmas 2013 and for a summer vacation also. It was a great last visit.....but we doubt we will ever see them here in our home again. We love them.....but things are troublesome for us in how they're living. Adult kids are difficult to deal with-especially when they have no desire to live the way you tried to raise them. Kinda makes you feel like being a parent is useless really-I mean, you put in 18 years of teaching, loving, guiding, praying, hoping, fearing, caring, trying to do as God asks you to do......only to have the love of your heart and soul say "Nope, not how I want to live....thanks for the free food and keeping me alive for 18 years....see ya suckers!"
yah
That's how it feels.....
Well, off I go.
More useless parenting to do.....hopefully some kids of these 9 will live the way God has asked us to raise them.
Not gonna hold my breath or anything though.
I love all that God has given to me, the mercy He has shown me and the family I have.
~Fawn


