Saturday, August 6, 2011

Long time, no write.......

Here's the Hoagie family pic 2011. We're just missing PJ in here.  I'll post a pic from our 2 weeks with him this summer.
It's been a busy summer with remodeling the house, Jeff's training and therefor traveling, kids going out of town for visit with other family-hectic to say the least.
I'm looking forward to this new school year, seeing what can be done to help all 5 of the kids here at home with their education.
We're hoping Jeff goes back to full time at his day job by September-he's working 3 part time jobs right now to just stay afloat.  Thanks be to God that we have an understanding and helpful landlord-he pays for all the supplies for the remodel and gives us ideas when we lack knowledge-and for our church which helps us when we get desperate for food or shut off notices.
We're stuck somewhere between really being poor, and having just enough to be happy and well taken care of.  I mean, the Hoagie family has never gone on vacation or taken long trips or purchased expensive things.  But someday the remodeling will be done and our home will look fabulous, Jeff will find a job that he can make enough for our family to live on and maybe-just maybe-next spring we will go on our first family vacation.
We're hoping to at least take Quien and Elliot in June to Disney Land-all the other 7 kids have been, but not our two youngest. I look forward to seeing them at the Jedi training and the Tron area-they're gonna geek out!!!
We are still working on being sealed as a family-it's not an easy or quick route.  I know someday the stars will align and we will have the paperwork done, we'll be where we need to be spiritually and Jeff, Quien, Elliot and I will kneel in the Temple and be sealed as an eternal family.
I have made LDS.org my new "addiction"-watching the videos, sharing them on Facebook and well-crying.  There are so many hopeful stories, such wonderful hope in the scriptures.  Watching about other LDS people in this world and seeing the Prophet and the Apostles has helped me keep my sanity the last month or so.
My father Dennis I, had brain surgery last week to remove a tumor.  He's also been diagnosed with lung cancer.  I haven't had contact with my Wright family in about a decade.  I hadn't even seen my father in over 2 years, or my step brother & his Mom Gail.  Since my father's mother, my Grandma Claire, had passed last year I've thought a lot about that part of my DNA.  Afterall, that is my only LDS family I have.  I can say that when you come from a non-LDS family, one that doesn't really pay attention to extended family relations, it's difficult to desire to do Family History as our church teaches.
But, I am going to start doing a little every week to change that.
I first want, mainly for my children, to get a genealogy of at least 6 generations.  For my family, that is very very aspiring of me.
I'm also going to try to do better about keeping up on this blog more.
God bless all

Quien and Daddy...

Quien and Daddy...
practicing how to throw the ball as a lefty 5/08

Jeff and Monica

Jeff and Monica
for her 13th B-day at Benihana's!

KmtQe

KmtQe
Christmas 2008

My baby boys....

My baby boys....
They're not babies anymore! Wow, they look so tiny in this photo!!

Quien's baptism!

Quien's baptism!
A great day for him, a true blessing to have all the grandparents there!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!
A fabulous occasion!!

Katie and Corrin

Katie and Corrin
what are we gonna do with these two beauties? 9/08

Seattle trip

Seattle trip
The boys loved these telescopes...ran from one to the next. What a great trip that was! 10/08

Mr. Cool

Mr. Cool
Elliot, Fall 2007

Mr. Toothless

Mr. Toothless
my sweet Quien all dressed up for his first primary program,11/07

my silly "twins"

my silly "twins"
they called those jammies their "spongebob swede pants" LOL 7/08

On our way to Medford 6/10

On our way to Medford 6/10
Gonna go see PJ and all the Johsons!

brothers....

brothers....
Elliot and Quien Spring 2009

Proud Dad!

Proud Dad!
Jeff and Jeremy fall 2009

Kmt

Kmt

Daddy's boy

Daddy's boy
Jeff and Elliot watching our cat, Switchfoot, just outside our door in Aloha on Thanksgiving day 2007-we just got back from watching Jeff and the guys at the Quatama ward play the annual "Turkey bowl"

Jeff and his clone....

Jeff and his clone....
my two silly guys*7/08

a boy and his cat

a boy and his cat
silly boy, poor cat ")

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party
Christmas 2009

brothers....

brothers....
7/05