Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Resolutions

#1
-START to take control of myself -body, mind & spirit

So, this means I joined a gym, that has a weight loss online sight and free personal training.
I've wanted to do this, and tried several times-the last 5 years. It's gonna work this time because I won't have to drag my sweet boys to a daycare area,or worry about time or money so much. All the kids are in school fulltime,so now it's Me time.
woooohoooo!!! ME time!
I'm also going to start seeing my counselor once a week and really have a goal when I go, rather then just whine about my trials-like I feel I have been doing the last 6 months.
Also for my mind-and spirit for that matter-I'm gonna take a class at PCC sometime this year for Swedish. I'm also thinking about going to some temp agencies and signing up with them. Not just to find some work outside the home, because I really don't believe anyone will hire me since I've been out of the loop for a decade, but because I want to take all the agency tests and classes for typing speed/accuracy and computer application skills.
And after being a part of the LDS church for a decade I am finally going to read the book of Mormon ALL the way through this year :) I'm gonna put a "bullet proof vest" on and read to the end!!
(joke is:If you shot a BOM the bullet would stop at 2Nephi-because that's where everyone stops reading,then they put the book down for months & have to start the book over)


#2 :
Make amends to the people who do not like me because I've upset them, was rude, said something I shouldn't have or who think I don't like them due to my words or actions.

This one will be difficult for me, because there are a LOT of people out there that, although they do not hate me & may even care about me, they do not like me & have shut me out of their lives because I have done something to hurt their feelings or offend them.
I'm gonna try really REALLY diligently to fix it though "/
There are some that are part of my family/extended family that I love very much & it pains me that they don't want me in their lives any more, or they keep me & my kids at arms length due to my words or actions.

#3
Keep my kitchen sink clean

I know-small huh?
But,anyone that's been in my home of 5 kids and a hubby who works 2 jobs will know that small steps are good.
And a clean sink always makes me feel better-not overwhelmed-so it's easier for me to keep the rest done too.
Plus,my kids will do any other job if I tell them they don't have to do dishes ;)

#4
Increase my credit score

This is not small-or easy
But,already have a lead on it with our new car loan that's nearly15% lowerAPR then our last loan. Plus I'll be paying off all the Dr bills and then the remaining debt from a few credit cards.
I've already worked out getting Jeff's $20k of tax debt paid off in the last 5 1/2 years (mostly through tax refunds) and now child support is auto pay,so those will not be an issue.
And since we'll have all 5 of my kids to claim on 2010 tax return,the refund will come to us this time (instead of back taxes from Jeff's ex or his back child support). That means the $ can go towards the rest of our debt and will most likely pay it off.
I cannot put into words how excited I am at the prospect of having all the debt paid-especially since most of what we've already paid was from Jeff's 1st wife. Yeah,will be nice not to have to deal with her debt on our shoulders anymore!!
The only other 'debt' I worry about is the attorney bill-but,if things go my way March 31st then the attorney bills will either get paid completely by my ex or over time by me with the child support he pays me.
If I'm completely successful then our only 'debt' this time next year will be the car loan and 'my' old school loan from when my ex took out $6k under my name in 1999.

#5 (last one-I don't want to overwhelm myself)
Get organized in my files,desk and pretty much all over my house.


*not our current garage, but my only pic with Belle in a garage lol-and besides, my cute kids are in the pic

This one sounds big-and it is-but I'm gonna take small bites of this elephant.
First, I'm gonna tackle the bathrooms-there are three. That's January
February-My files in the blue file cabinet. This will be great-I haven't gone through it in about 2 years.
March-My desk and pretty much the entire family room that it's in, so this will be an extension of February
April-Kitchen. Oh boy. Well, hopefully by then our remodel of the kitchen will be done (new counters and sink, refinishing the cupboards). Then I can go through our cupboards, fridge and food storage to get rid of stuff we don't need.
May-Linen closet,laundry room and house closets. Gonna just do two a week. EasyPeesy lol
June-GARAGE!! oh boy-BIG project! but, will help me greatly since we want to get Belle out of the garage and out in the driveway to start working on her!! Oh, and the extra room will be for TRAINS
July-Can you say GARAGE SALE! lol This is where all the 'extra' stuff that I wanna get rid of will go. At the end of the month whatever's left gets to goto the Deseret box at the ward.
During the week I'll be working on the back yard and front yard-which for me is FUN ")
August-Create a homework schedule for the kids' new school year, making sure they have all their supplies,take a look at everything I've already done and see if it's working still
September-Clean out the old/warn out clothing and toys in the house for everyone
October-Go through all the Holiday decorations (and of course decorating for Harvest too) and pack up anything I don't want/is broken.
November-Have entire house carpets shampooed, baseboards washed down, skylight cleaned and repainted, wash walls down, windowsills, under sinks, coat closet organized and cleaned out.
December-Just in time for Christmas, clean out all toys,clothing and anything else that can go. Recap the year and see how it all went!


I will be tackling all of these with prayer, all my vigor and strength I can muster.
And I'm gonna ignore all those negative voices around me from people/places who care so little for my own well being that they'd try to dissuade me or get in my way.
I care about ME enough to "keep on swimming"! (Yes,that's from Nemo,as said by Dori)
God bless you all in 2011!!
Kram xoxo
Fawn

Quien and Daddy...

Quien and Daddy...
practicing how to throw the ball as a lefty 5/08

Jeff and Monica

Jeff and Monica
for her 13th B-day at Benihana's!

KmtQe

KmtQe
Christmas 2008

My baby boys....

My baby boys....
They're not babies anymore! Wow, they look so tiny in this photo!!

Quien's baptism!

Quien's baptism!
A great day for him, a true blessing to have all the grandparents there!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!
A fabulous occasion!!

Katie and Corrin

Katie and Corrin
what are we gonna do with these two beauties? 9/08

Seattle trip

Seattle trip
The boys loved these telescopes...ran from one to the next. What a great trip that was! 10/08

Mr. Cool

Mr. Cool
Elliot, Fall 2007

Mr. Toothless

Mr. Toothless
my sweet Quien all dressed up for his first primary program,11/07

my silly "twins"

my silly "twins"
they called those jammies their "spongebob swede pants" LOL 7/08

On our way to Medford 6/10

On our way to Medford 6/10
Gonna go see PJ and all the Johsons!

brothers....

brothers....
Elliot and Quien Spring 2009

Proud Dad!

Proud Dad!
Jeff and Jeremy fall 2009

Kmt

Kmt

Daddy's boy

Daddy's boy
Jeff and Elliot watching our cat, Switchfoot, just outside our door in Aloha on Thanksgiving day 2007-we just got back from watching Jeff and the guys at the Quatama ward play the annual "Turkey bowl"

Jeff and his clone....

Jeff and his clone....
my two silly guys*7/08

a boy and his cat

a boy and his cat
silly boy, poor cat ")

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party
Christmas 2009

brothers....

brothers....
7/05