Saturday, January 31, 2009

decay of the world we live in....



K, so one of the many things that cause me stress as a mother-beside kids not doing the dishes or how to night time potty train my boys-is the decay of moral values in this world.
I mean, we've always had wars and we always will-we're human beings.
But good, honest vaules has decayed so much in the last 40 years or more that it's just hard to even want to leave the house with my kids.
I even go to a grocery store where they have a isle specifically called "family friendly"-it doesn't have all those horrible magazines with half naked people and horrid gossip garbage on the front covers.
I don't have cable anymore either
I mean, if I could subscribe to cable and only get things like the history channel and BYU channel, then I'd get it back.
But the rest of them are not even worth the risk of someone in my house watching.
At this point, my older kids are feeling weird at having to watch Disney stuff with their little brothers.
But, I just don't trust a lot of the stuff their peers would be watching.
I'm lucky-my kids like to go to the library a lot, be artistic, study music.
But, there are Pokemon cards in the house-cartoons with violence, Star Wars shows.
I defend those with the fact that I grew up with them-but violence isn't really my biggest fear.
I believe that if someone teaches their children the right way of the world, like that guns are weapons, not toys-we wouldn't have so many children going and shooting their teacher for not giving them an A on their essay.
It's the decay in morality-in the way half naked, or even naked, people are allowed on regular TV shows nowadays that scare me.
That kind of thing is what gets into the minds of our youth and destroys all sense of right and wrong.
Swearing can be on kids' shows now.
Blasphemy, nudity, swearing, crude humor-they're all the norm now.
Everyone is so worried about being "politically correct" that what is good is now called bad, what is bad is now called good.
And to that I say "Shame on us all"-cause it's the sign of end times that this is how our world has come down to.
I love my kids beyond any reason-of course, they're my life.
And to know that I've brought them into this awful world, this horrible place full of hatred and crued ways and selfishness-it saddens me soo much I cry at night.
But God reminds me that this is where I am, and I need to make the most of it for my kids-and myself.
And to fight for the good.
So, here's a couple things that I believe in.
The internet is like everything else in the world-it can be used for great good, or great evil.
I am chosing to use it for good!
Hugs to all
Fawn
http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f318118dd536c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=f951ee9ba42fe010VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=501505481ae6b010VgnVCM1000004d82620a____&hideNav=1

http://www.lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=7c464bb52a73d110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1

PS-hey, this is my blog....I can blather on about my own personal views/opinions all I want-great thing about living in America. If everyone else is allowed to say that gay people can go do whatever they want, that there can be naked women on 8pm TV shows and news can show dead people from the war-then I am not gonna hold back on voicing my thoughts!!!

Quien and Daddy...

Quien and Daddy...
practicing how to throw the ball as a lefty 5/08

Jeff and Monica

Jeff and Monica
for her 13th B-day at Benihana's!

KmtQe

KmtQe
Christmas 2008

My baby boys....

My baby boys....
They're not babies anymore! Wow, they look so tiny in this photo!!

Quien's baptism!

Quien's baptism!
A great day for him, a true blessing to have all the grandparents there!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!

Elliot and Monica's Baptism day!!
A fabulous occasion!!

Katie and Corrin

Katie and Corrin
what are we gonna do with these two beauties? 9/08

Seattle trip

Seattle trip
The boys loved these telescopes...ran from one to the next. What a great trip that was! 10/08

Mr. Cool

Mr. Cool
Elliot, Fall 2007

Mr. Toothless

Mr. Toothless
my sweet Quien all dressed up for his first primary program,11/07

my silly "twins"

my silly "twins"
they called those jammies their "spongebob swede pants" LOL 7/08

On our way to Medford 6/10

On our way to Medford 6/10
Gonna go see PJ and all the Johsons!

brothers....

brothers....
Elliot and Quien Spring 2009

Proud Dad!

Proud Dad!
Jeff and Jeremy fall 2009

Kmt

Kmt

Daddy's boy

Daddy's boy
Jeff and Elliot watching our cat, Switchfoot, just outside our door in Aloha on Thanksgiving day 2007-we just got back from watching Jeff and the guys at the Quatama ward play the annual "Turkey bowl"

Jeff and his clone....

Jeff and his clone....
my two silly guys*7/08

a boy and his cat

a boy and his cat
silly boy, poor cat ")

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party

Quien and Elliot with Santa at Ward party
Christmas 2009

brothers....

brothers....
7/05