
It was Jeff's birthday yesterday.
He's 41 now.
Age really is relative, cause he doesn't act or look "41". He said he had a great day yesterday-he got spoiled. He slept in till 11am. Then got up and got ready to go have lunch with his Dad at Red Lobster. He loved getting to spend time with his Dad. Then he came home and helped me get ready and the boys ready for our date. We dropped the boys off at the babysitters, picked up his freebie movie rental (I am Legend, which we're watching tonight) and then got gas-$100 to fill up our suburban, highway robbery-literally. Then we went to my Mom's so she could give Jeff her gift-cash to spend on whatever he wanted. We drove out to Portland and found the Applebee's-his favorite restaurant-and of course he ordered his usual steak with shrimp and garlic mashed potatoes. It was nice to eat and talk and not have kids around. After dinner Jeff and I shared his free chocolate sundae he got for his birthday. We'd won a gift card for Applebee's at his basketball banquet the week before, so dinner cost us $6 with tip. Nice. We drove in the horrible city traffic trying to find a parking spot for the Blazers' game, and finally decided to have Jeff go to will call to get the tickets while I found a spot. Yeah, that didn't work out so great. I'm still sick with bronchitis, and parking for a game in the city for free is an impossible feat-close by anyways. I found something finally about 1/2 mile away. Yeah, cold night air on infected lungs not the best thing. Oh the things I do for my beloved hubby. :O) Of course trying to find eachother once I got close to the stadium wasn't that easy either-but Jeff had used his charm to get someone to let him use their phone so he called my cell to tell me where to meet him.. We got into our seat-in the nose bleed section, middle of the row with stinking beer drinkers all around us-right at the end of the first quarter. Blazers and Phoenix Suns were just about tied. That did not last long. Jeff and I had a great time yelling at the reffs, shouting at Shaq for his misbehavior and holding hands. The walk back to the truck wasn't the funnest, but it was nice to do it together that time. Jeff said he had a great birthday. When we got home Jeremy and Quien were still up,and we don't think Jeremy went to sleep for a long time cause he was sooooo excited about getting his license today. LOL. I'm so glad my husband is so easily pleased with just a nice meal and a basketball game. Oh, and today Jeremy is taking him out to buy him a MP3 player, too. :O)